Why Do Cats Meow?
Why do cats meow? We do think a lot about this question. There can be several reasons why they meow a lot. Some of those reasons have been discussed below.
1. Need Food – If a cat is hungry and needs food, she will surely meow. That meowing is done to get your attention. My cats meow in a different way when they are hungry so if you know your cat then you would know the hungry meowing sound.
2. Pet me – Sometimes cats even meow when they want you to pet them. Yes cats love it when they are brushed and played with.
3. When they’re Hurt – Most of the times they will sit quietly but when the pain has crossed all the limits then they will meow. Cats are known for hiding their sickness and most of them time when the illness has passed certain stage, then they will meow for attention.
4. Heat – When they are in heat, they meow a lot and will keep on meowing until the heating stage is over. Cats stay in heat for around 5 to 15 days.
5. Greeting You – Normally when new people come to your house, they meow at them and they also meow early in the morning when we are sleeping.
6. Old Cats – Once cats grow old they need our attention and for that they meow at us.
7. Open the Door – If the cat is outdoors or wants to go inside a specific room, she will meow and keep meowing until the door is opened.
You can also check out our other article where we have talked about why do cats meow at night.