Why Cats Don’t Sit in Lap?
Cats are extremely moody and this is the reason that we cannot force them into making any decision. This is why cats dont sit in lap and we should never force them to sit in our lap.
What Is a Lap Cat?
Lap cats is a term used for those cats which like to sit in owner’s lap. Cats which form a strong bond with their owners always come and sit in their owners laps, but sometimes cats do not sit in lap. There could be many reasons for that and whenever a cat is showing distance from owner and is not ready to sit in lap, owners start feeling that perhaps they are not being able to make a bond with their cat. Although this is not the only reason if cat is not ready to sit in lap.
Why Cats Don’t Sit in Laps?
There are few cat breeds that make very good lap cat or the best lap cat. Mostly people want cats due to this very reason that they cuddle and hug and stay around the owner, make them warm and shower love and affection. All of this is true except for those cats that are bit independent.
Cats are moody. They come with different personalities. One of the major reasons that your cat is not sitting in your lap could be that it doesn’t trust you enough. If you are not using tactics to make your cat have a strong bond with you, then this is the reason cat wants to stay away. Another reason for a cat not coming to owners to sit in their lap could be lack of need to get warmth. If a cat finds soft, warm and cozy places around the house, then there is lesser need to sit in the owner’s lap. Lap cats are usually cats with high expression of love and affection and not all cats could express their love in similar manner and in this way the lap cat behavior will change.
Earlier handling by humans can also be an essential part of the way a kitten’s personality develops. Ctas(kitten’s) between the ages of 3 to 6 weeks who receive positive physical handling and a focus from people are usually friendly and social.
But what in case you don’t be aware of your cat’s early experiences and influences, and you’d the same as him to spend more hours in your lap? Are you able to train him to become a lap cat? and spend more time Cat in Lap? You may sure try, and here we have some tips that will assist you succeed.
How To Get A Cat To Sit On Your Lap?
There are no rules to instantly change your cat’s mind to sit in your lap. All you can do is trying. Some cats are born with independent nature; it is hard to get their attention. Few tips to have a stronger bond with your cat are to make you cat sits on your lap:
- Sit on floor opposite to your cat; make sure it’s quiet around. Use some cat treats and throw them towards your cat. Let the cat approach near you. Don’t touch the cat, let it come nearer. Once cat will know that you are not grabbing it forcefully, then it will trust you in future.
- If your cat sits around you but not in your lap, touch it gently, stroke its ears, back and neck. Don’t make sudden movements. Slowly pet your cat. Once cat will feel happy and loved after this handling and touching, next time it will come to you and ask you to touch and love it and will definitely be cat sitting on lap.
- Play with your cat. Use toys for this purpose.
- Pet your cat softly every time you pass by him/her. In this way, cat will know that you just show love.
- Feed the cat by staying by its side.
- Feed Your cat on your lap so your cat Feel comfortable and every time he or she want milk on you lap(cat lap milk).
- Try to talk calmly with the cat. Call it when you want it around you.
- Don’t show anger or aggression at all.
Originally posted 2012-11-21 17:08:13.