Cat obesity problems are extremely bad and obesity prevention tips should be follow in order to keep cat healthy from bad life-threatening diseases. Obesity is a big factor in making cat’s health vulnerable. Old cats are at risk of becoming obese due to low activity level. Around 50% of pet cats are considered over-weight due to wrong choice of food and no activity level and staying indoor.
The best way to prevent overweight problems in cats is through precautionary measures.
- If food is served all day long, it should now be served at intervals.
- Owners should avoid giving high calorie treats to the cat in the middle of the day.
- Kibbles that are easily chew-able and digestible should be fed to the cat.
- Food that contains sodium nitrate should especially be avoided.
- Low quality food and food with artificial preservatives should be switched to high quality fresh food to avoid obesity in cats.
Cat obesity charts help in order to determine if the cat of particular age has right weight (in lb) or not. The weight may differ because of the cat’s breed and type but the average should around the estimated figures.
For those who think obesity in cats is cute
Well without any doubt, obesity in cats looks cute. Who wouldn’t love to have their cat all bobbled up, cute fat and chubby? But do you know that it can actually lead to different types of trouble or it can be the reason of some trouble in your cat? Obesity may lead to several problems which may include kidney failure, heart failure, congestion in the body and also diabetes. The fat stored in the body may make the cat hypertensive, it will tend to pant a lot, especially during the summers, this can be more troubling if your cat has a long hair coat. Cat obesity should be prevented and the owner should consider this matter with the cat to figure out what the problem is.
Also read: Aging Cats Care and Behavior