Feline Greenies Dental Treats
Oral health care is important for all. When it comes to cats, not all of them are “okay” with having their teeth cleansed with a toothbrush and paste. Now definitely cats have very tiny teeth and only their canines are most prominent ones that we could be able to clean easily. Once cats start entering into their adulthood, their teeth show signs of turning yellowish due to the tartar and the bad breath is also quite irritating sometimes (not to mention when your cat yawns right in front of your face). Feline Greenies Dental Treats is one of the best cat treats. Basically, when a cat is eating these dry small kibbles type treats, the ingredients and shape of treats work as a teeth cleaning agent and helps to remove tartar from the teeth and to maintain a good breath.
What are the Ingredients?
The ingredients of Greenies Dental Treats are:
Chicken Meal, Rice Flour, Wheat Flour, Corn Gluten Meal, Oat Fiber, Poultry Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Poultry Flavor, Sodium Gluconate, Ground Flaxseed, Brewers Dried Yeast, Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate), Vitamins (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Preserved With Citric Acid, Taurine, Preserved With mixed Tocopherols, Chlorophyll (Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin)
It is very important to note that there are no artificial flavors or preservatives in these treats which is a very positive factor. Apart from that, these treats have “Veterinary Oral Health Council Seal of Acceptance” for tartar reduction. So it is a reliable product to use for cat’s dental health.
The treats could be used on regular basis or occasionally. The quantity of the treats should be in balance with the regular diet of cat. It is not advised to use these treats as an only food for the cat because it is simply a treat with a special function and not a regular food.
It is also advised to give these treats in smaller quantities in the beginning to check if the cat is having any reaction to any ingredients because some people have left the feedback that their cats felt sick after having these treats. Now it might not be due to the harmful ingredients of the products but we all know that not all things are suitable for all cats; specially when it comes to food, it has to be chosen really carefully. So it is best to test the treats in smaller quantities before serving in a reasonable quantity on regular basis.
Product’s average rating
The product has been rated 792 times on amazon.com and the average user feedback is 4.6 which show that this product is loved by majority of the users.
The Good Points:
- Dental cleaning product which is extremely important for cat’s oral health
- Easy to use because cats don’t even know that their teeth are being cleaned this way; wicked!
- Price is quite okay and affordable
- There are around 5-6 flavors to choose from, which is simply awesome
- Packing is good and treats stay fresh if bag is sealed carefully after use
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
The Bad Points:
- Some cats might not like these treats
- Some cats might show any allergy or reaction to any of the ingredients
- Some cats might not chew the treats and product fails to work (chewing would help remove tartar from teeth)
- Presence of grains in ingredients which is not the right food for cats
- Could not be fed as a regular diet, these treats are simply given in a little quantity and should never be used as full meal
- Some people might fight treats an extra expenditure and would not like to buy it
Feline Greenies Dental Treats could be purchased easily here on Amazon.com